On my recent trip to India, I had some very interesting conversations with students about the Indian Education system and rode on some beautiful motorbikes 🏍. I heard very little praise but a pattern of complaints defined each conversation:
- Rote Memorisation
- Copy the Textbook
- Do not be creative or imaginative – just follow the syllabus and you will ‘pass’
We have successfully turned our schools into factory assembly lines. We view each student as a collection of grades and percentages as this is easier to understand than a student’s dreams or aspirations. We have fed our students a diet of neglect, empty promises and apathy.
We need to fix this.
So this year, I will be devoting 10 hours per week to help school and university students from any background completely free of charge. We can talk about anything you like:
- Are you struggling with a concept and want to better understand it?
- Do you want to meet some more challenging/interesting ideas in Maths and Science?
- Are you finding the syllabus boring and want to see the intuition + motivation behind what you are studying?
- Do you need some application advice?
I want to help you.
Here are the logistics:
Below you will find my Public Calender. When you find a time convenient for the both of us, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the time + date, your Zoom/Skype ID and a brief summary of what you would like to talk about or fill out the form below. I’ll reply back confirming and then we’ll meet in the virtual world!